UTI, Nephrotic syndrome, ARF, Hematuria, Hydonephrosis are problems we commonly see in our practice. Similarly, kidney being a common affected vital organ, renal failure and its complications are a real nightmare for pediatricians and intensivists and timely use of peritoneal dialysis can add survival advantage to a sick child.
With great pleasure we announce a 2 days pediatric nephrology update for the first time in Vidarbha aimed to impart the knowledge and skills in basic pediatric nephrology encountered in general pediatric OPD and ICU practice.
Venue: Dept of Pediatrics, MGIMS, Sewagram
26th September (2 PM to 6 PM) Hands-on Workshop on “Peritoneal Dialysis- Basics and Technique made easy”
(40 seats ONLY aimed to provide extensive case based interactive small group discussions and hands on practice)
27th September (9AM to 4 PM) CME on Pediatric Nephrology in OPD and ICU
(Tentative Topics: Acute kidney injury and acute renal failure, Chronic kidney disease, Nephrotic syndrome, Urinary Tract Infections, Hematuria, Antenatally detected hydronephrosis and more)
Registration charges: Rs 2500 for (PD Workshop + CME); Rs 500 for only CME
Faculty: Eminent pediatric nephrologists with immense expertise and experience in tertiary level pediatric nephrology care.
1. Dr Kumud Mehta, Pediatric Nephrologist, Jaslok Hospital & Wadia Hospital, Ex-Profssor-Head, Pediatrics and Pediatric Nephrology, GSMC & Wadia Hosp, Mumbai.
(Pioneer in Pediatric Nephrology in India; Started Ped Nephro division at Wadia Hosp, Mumbai in 1976; Chairperson, IAP Ped Nephro group 1990-93; President, Indian Society of Nephrology 1995-96)
2. Dr Uma Ali, Professor and Head Pediatric Nephrology and PICU, SGMC & Wadia Hosp, Mumbai.
3. Dr Jyoti Sharma, Pediatric Nephrologist, KEM Hosp, Pune (Fellow Ped Nephro, Canada)
4. Dr Manoj Matnani, Pediatric Nephrologist, KEM & Jehangir Hosps, Pune and Bombay Hosp, Mumbai & Associate Professor, Pediatric Nephrology, DYPMC, Pune (Fellow Ped Nephro, London)
5. Dr Shrinivas Achinta (Pediatric Nephrologist, Nagpur)
6. Dr Pankaj Bhansali (Pediatric Nephrologist, Aurangabad)
Please make use of this golden opportunity to learn Pediatric Nephrology straight from the experts. Spread the word amongst all your juniors and colleagues and whoever you feel could be interested.
Please contact Dr Akash Bang at 9822575153 for registration. Please hurry up as PD workshop registration is only for limited seats.